Renegade Creativity!
Welcome to Renegadeskins! You'll need to login in order to use all the features, like downloads, and view all the sections of this site.
Help on Model Editing - Page 2 Joinus10

Registration is free and will only take a few seconds of your time.
Features of a registered account:
-Your allowed to post and comment Skins.
-No Ads.
And much more
Renegade Creativity!
Welcome to Renegadeskins! You'll need to login in order to use all the features, like downloads, and view all the sections of this site.
Help on Model Editing - Page 2 Joinus10

Registration is free and will only take a few seconds of your time.
Features of a registered account:
-Your allowed to post and comment Skins.
-No Ads.
And much more
Renegade Creativity!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renegade Creativity!

Forum Statistics: 2766 Threads | 19061 Posts | 1536 Users | Welcome to our newest member https://renegadeskins.forumieren.de/u1562

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterStaffLog in
We're attempting to expand to support more games, please post skinable games suggestions and tell your friends!

Share | 

Help on Model Editing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Intradox  

Intradox

Number of posts : 74

Registration date : 2011-02-16

Help on Model Editing - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Help on Model Editing   Help on Model Editing - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 12:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey everyone, I imported the w3d file for the turret in RenX and I did a few small modifications, and I exported it as a w3d file. When I went to go look at it in the W3D Viewer, and in game, it ended up looking like this:

Spoiler:

Any help on how to properly edit/import/export the w3d file in RenX would be great!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Intradox  

Intradox

PostSubject: Re: Help on Model Editing   Help on Model Editing - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:09 am

Well if you take a look at the original W3D model, the screen has its own texture, and looks better than the f_gm_c4-r.dds's screen texture. And I'm modifying a lot of the weapon's to enhance them so I was wondering if I can fix this, in case of future incidents.
Back to top Go down
indios85  

indios85

Number of posts : 554

Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Help on Model Editing   Help on Model Editing - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:52 am

well the way i see it, seams like that screen texture was aplyed to the model in some step of his creation but doesnt display correctly when you aply the texture so most probably has i say before, it is currently using (f_gm_c4-r.dds) for the screen, but if you dont like that screen texture you can allways unwrap the one you like or make a new one that fit your needs/taste for the screen, may be an animated texture whit linear ofset or something to make it look cool?
Back to top Go down
Intradox  

Intradox

PostSubject: Re: Help on Model Editing   Help on Model Editing - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Alright I have it all sorted out, I ended up just redoing the textures and making them look nicer Smile

Though I am here with more questions, how do I make the textures red so like when a building is damaged, the alpha_crack1 texture turns red? Is this some sort of lighting option? I want to do this because I'm redoing the interior of the NOD Airstrip, and I need to figure out how to make it so it looks like this:

Help on Model Editing - Page 2 P1-2

I know how to animate it and everything, I just don't know how to change the lighting to red like that.
Back to top Go down
indios85  

indios85

PostSubject: Re: Help on Model Editing   Help on Model Editing - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 4:17 pm

humm i think this is part of level edit setings, but i am not sure.
Back to top Go down
Intradox  

Intradox

PostSubject: Re: Help on Model Editing   Help on Model Editing - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:04 pm

Hm, well I'll see if I can find out anything using level edit, but I don't know either Razz
Back to top Go down
Intradox  

Intradox

PostSubject: Re: Help on Model Editing   Help on Model Editing - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:03 am

So I imported a file from cnc reborn, my problem is, every time I try to rotate one of the meshes, the angle doesn't move, just the position. Anyone know how to make it so the angle moves like it's suppose to?

Help on Model Editing - Page 2 P1-5

Help on Model Editing - Page 2 P2
Back to top Go down
indios85  

indios85

PostSubject: Re: Help on Model Editing   Help on Model Editing - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:35 am

humm sorry mate but i dont understend, if you want to rotate something just select it and then rotate it whit rotation tool lol, or go to modifier tab, hit editable mesh, select the vertex you want to ratate and do it.
Back to top Go down
Intradox  

Intradox

PostSubject: Re: Help on Model Editing   Help on Model Editing - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:40 am

I try do that, but the angle of the mesh doesn't turn when I try to rotate it, instead the position moves like in a circle.
Back to top Go down
indios85  

indios85

PostSubject: Re: Help on Model Editing   Help on Model Editing - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:13 pm

sorry man but i cant understend why this is hapend to you, if you can please make a small vid that way i will be able to look better what is going on, also allways take ss or vid whit the modifier tab displaying.
Back to top Go down
Intradox  

Intradox

PostSubject: Re: Help on Model Editing   Help on Model Editing - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 3:26 pm

Here is a quick video I made demonstrating what is wrong:

Back to top Go down
indios85  

indios85

PostSubject: Re: Help on Model Editing   Help on Model Editing - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 4:37 pm

try dont useing pivot point senter, just select al the vertex and rotate.
Back to top Go down
Intradox  

Intradox

PostSubject: Re: Help on Model Editing   Help on Model Editing - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:36 am

Sweet, that seemed to do the trick, thanks for helping me with my noobish questions Smile
Back to top Go down
indios85  

indios85

PostSubject: Re: Help on Model Editing   Help on Model Editing - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 5:47 am

np dude i was there 2 Smile
Back to top Go down
Intradox  

Intradox

PostSubject: Re: Help on Model Editing   Help on Model Editing - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:26 pm

Okay I'm here with another question. You know how on the Nod Airstrip, the red lights flash on the airstrip and the tower? Like in these pictures:

Help on Model Editing - Page 2 P1-6

Help on Model Editing - Page 2 P2-1

I was wondering how I can recreate this effect since I'm modifying the airstrip and want to keep this effect.
Back to top Go down
indios85  

indios85

PostSubject: Re: Help on Model Editing   Help on Model Editing - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:49 pm

they probably have some linear of set maped there but i am not sure bro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content  

PostSubject: Re: Help on Model Editing   Help on Model Editing - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Help on Model Editing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Renegade Creativity! :: Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: