Renegade Creativity!
Welcome to Renegadeskins! You'll need to login in order to use all the features, like downloads, and view all the sections of this site.
DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD Joinus10

Registration is free and will only take a few seconds of your time.
Features of a registered account:
-Your allowed to post and comment Skins.
-No Ads.
And much more
Renegade Creativity!
Welcome to Renegadeskins! You'll need to login in order to use all the features, like downloads, and view all the sections of this site.
DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD Joinus10

Registration is free and will only take a few seconds of your time.
Features of a registered account:
-Your allowed to post and comment Skins.
-No Ads.
And much more
Renegade Creativity!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renegade Creativity!

Forum Statistics: 2766 Threads | 19061 Posts | 1536 Users | Welcome to our newest member https://renegadeskins.forumieren.de/u1562

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterStaffLog in
We're attempting to expand to support more games, please post skinable games suggestions and tell your friends!

Share | 

DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hunter-Seeker  

Hunter-Seeker

Number of posts : 289

Registration date : 2011-01-09

DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD _
PostSubject: DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD   DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:16 pm

Yesterday I wanted to make a skin for NOD SBH but I got some problems with the Alpha 1 Channel. (Srry my photoshop is not english).
I don't know what's that and what shall I do with it. Cz when Im saving the volume becomes bigger and I got black SBH. And when I delete that Alpha 1 channel the volume becomes smaller and I got the Back SBH again!
PLEASE HELP ME! Sad

Last edited by Steven119 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
indios85  

indios85

Number of posts : 554

Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD   DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 10:44 pm

i dont have much experience whit PS, this are my exporting setings hope it help you.

DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD 6070997sshot2
Back to top Go down
Hunter-Seeker  

Hunter-Seeker

PostSubject: Re: DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD   DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 2:05 am

Thank you for trying to help me Indios. Actually this is not the think, that I'm looking the answer for. Yep I know all that and its all right. Anyway, thank you for helping me.
Back to top Go down
Hunter-Seeker  

Hunter-Seeker

PostSubject: Re: DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD   DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 12:47 am

PLZ PPL HELP ME
Back to top Go down
Harrier Jumpjet  

Harrier Jumpjet

Number of posts : 552

Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD   DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:39 am

Hey Indios, that umagon is a replacement for the sydney right?

As for the black SBH, make sure you tick the correct pixle format.
Back to top Go down
Hunter-Seeker  

Hunter-Seeker

PostSubject: Re: DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD   DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:37 am

Omg I use ALL CORRECTLY! I asked you about that Alpha 1 Channel. Whats that?
And Umagon suck in Reborn I think.
Back to top Go down
woandre  

woandre

Number of posts : 534

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD   DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 3:25 am

I can't remember you have to do anything with the alpha channel on a SBH skin. So the only thing must be the export setting. Just make your skin as you used to do and export it correctly. Note that the boxes you need to tick are different from any other character.
I think you need 1 bit Alpha and Emulate xbox DXT1 (Alpha) (not Emulate xbox DXT1)
Not sure, been awhile I have made skins and I don't have to required tools for it atm

If this isn't what you want to hear, I can't help you and I doubt other people, that are still around, can help.
Back to top Go down
Hunter-Seeker  

Hunter-Seeker

PostSubject: Re: DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD   DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 8:09 am

Yepa! It worked!!! Dance What a Face lol!
You couldn't even imagine, how much have u helped meh!
So ppl wait for more new skins... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
gnoepower  

Number of posts : 500

Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD   DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 8:57 am

Steven119 wrote:
Omg I use ALL CORRECTLY! I asked you about that Alpha 1 Channel. Whats that?
And Umagon suck in Reborn I think.
As Woandre said or you could try using dxt5 which is what I always used to do for skins using an alpha channel (except the one that removes the text box of course). The alpha channel itself just determines what part of the model/skin will be actually visible, for example to prevent a tree showing up as a green square the alpha channel is used to determine what parts show up (painted in white) and what parts should be hidden (painted in black). Although this is indeed most used for trees and HUDS some character skins like SBH and mutant petrova also use the alpha channel. If I recall it correctly the sbh used an alpha channel to create slightly transparent red lines onto it's body or something.
In short, if you don't wish to edit alpha channels (which can be quite fun) just leave it untouched and save as dxt5 (all other settings can be left the same as usual). I hope this answers your question about the alpha channel itself a bit Smile
Back to top Go down
Hunter-Seeker  

Hunter-Seeker

PostSubject: Re: DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD   DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 6:38 am

Ye I understood that. Thank you a lot for helping me everyone. I'm getting my NOD Engineer a small big upgrade soon! XD
Wait and hope you will like it! XP
Back to top Go down
ONEEYEDMONSTOR  

ONEEYEDMONSTOR

Number of posts : 28

Registration date : 2010-12-27

PostSubject: Re: DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD   DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 4:49 pm

not sure if anyone said this yet but for the sbh skin you need to save the file as DTX5. All other formats will make it appear black in game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content  

PostSubject: Re: DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD   DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD Empty

Back to top Go down

DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with Photoshop! XD

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Renegade Creativity! :: General Creativity :: Skin Making :: Skinning-
Jump to: